Monday, October 5, 2009

We are the Toros, the Mighty, Mighty Toros!

The cheerleaders had a big competition this past weekend and won! And, by winning, they earned a bid to go to the Worlds Competition in Orlando in April! How cool! They actually didn't do their best, but they were hands down the winners. They have a lot of talent. What they really lack is just the clean precision that most American teams have. Hopefully, the coach will let me work with the girls once a week on that so that they'll be ready to compete in the States. It's actually been pretty hard to get the girls motivated because they don't have much competition down here. It's hard to want more than mediocrity if you don't really need it. But, I think that now they have something more exciting to work toward!

And, on a humorous note, there is actually no age limit for the international open division. It's just 14 and up. We have several girls in their 20's on the team and even one 25 year old. The coach told me that I was welcome to cheer with the girls if I wanted. Ha! Although there is a small part of me that would love to compete again, just to see if I could, I would not be caught dead wearing a short little cheerleading skirt or that crazy blue eye shadow! Ha!

So, if the girls can raise the money, we'll be coming to Orlando in April! Yay!

(By the way, these photos are from a performance they did at the baseball game. I couldn't take my camera to the competition because I had to ride several buses that day and didn't want it to get stolen. Bummer!)

1 comment:

  1. Hey woman! Well kinda funny you posted this one. We might be moving to Orlando. :) We are waiting to hear if Ryan gets a job transfer with his company. He is trying to become the operations manager for Ferguson's Orlando branch. We are still waiting to see what they say and if they are going to hire him. We will wait and see. :) I will keep you posted though so if yall come and we are there then I can come see you!!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete