Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Relaxing at the Beach

So, we did go to the beach two weekends ago with some of Wilson's family. The beach we went to is actually called Playas (which means beach in Spanish). I kept asking Wilson which beach and couldn't understand why he wouldn't tell me any specifics. Ha! Anyway, we took a 2 hour bus ride to the beach which was not too bad. (There were only a few chickens who rode the bus with us--but they were well-behaved, trained cock fighters. And, no, I'm not kidding!) It only cost $10 total for the two of us both ways. (Of course, the bus stations charge you for toilet paper in the bathrooms, so I guess it cost us a little more! Ha!)

But, the beach was great! The house was right on the beach and was so peaceful! It had about 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and kitchen and living room areas. We sang karaoke on Saturday night (remember their weird obsession at the wedding?) up on the roof with the ocean in the background. They had also fixed lasagna for me, and it was actually pretty good. (Of course, when Wilson's sister-in-law served it to me for breakfast, I wasn't quite as impressed. But I ate it anyway to be polite.) On Sunday, Wilson and I went walking on the beach for a while. Then, we rented chairs and an umbrella for $3 and just enjoyed the time to relax. (They also had horse rides you could take, so we plan to do that next time!) And sadly, I did get burned from our walk. I need like SPF 200 down here! :o)

But, how cool to take a weekend trip to the beach and not spend more than $20!!! And the owner of the house said he'd give us the keys any weekend we'd like. Yay! That might be a monthly habit for me and Wilson now. So, if anyone wants to visit, we have the perfect place to take you!

No comments:

Post a Comment