Friday, November 27, 2009

Four Years Strong...

Well, Wilson and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary on November 19. Sometimes it seems like such a long time, but most of the time it seems to have just flown right by! I can't really go places without Wilson, so I just made him a homemade card with some scrapbook paper I had here at the apartment. But, he was wonderful! He bought me TWO Hallmark cards and even wrote personal messages in both! (For those of you who know me, you know how big a deal that is to me!!!) :o) He also brought me this huge flower arrangement of roses and 2 beautiful sunflowers in the middle. It's great because flowers are so incredibly cheap here, so I get to feel extra special at a 1/4 of the cost! Ha! :o)

Then, we went to eat at my favorite restaurant. (It's the only place where I'll actually clean my plate here!) Afterward, we went down to the Malecon, which is the kind of river walk part of Guayaquil. We went for a boat ride along the river at night, and it was so lovely! The weather was perfect, the music was fun, and the company was wonderful! I couldn't have asked for a better date!
Obviously, such a big move like this has been difficult on both of us and on our relationship at times, but it helps to know that in good times and bad, we're in it together. Wilson is a WONDERFUL husband and has certainly earned the love and respect I have for him!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Allison...time pretty much keeps getting faster and faster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison, please email me lkichygi@yahoo.com. I have something you need to know! I was trying to find your email somewhere, but I can't find you anywhere.

    ReplyDelete