Thursday, August 20, 2009

Classics Never Get Old


So, I mentioned before that adjusting to the food here has been difficult. I have branched out a little and now eat shawarmas (It’s basically just a chicken wrap, but it sounds like I’m eating something exotic, right?). And this morning, I tried the box milk with my cereal. (It really creeped me out that the milk was sold in a box on the shelf, warm!) Wilson also buys a lot of fresh fruit because it’s so cheap. We got 10 peaches for $1!!! So, I’ve been eating grapes, strawberries, and peaches as well. And, now that our stove is fixed in our new place, I can start cooking for myself. The first thing I bought to cook was Kraft Macaroni and Cheese!!! I can’t wait! :o) But, I just can’t part from my favorite classic—peanut butter and jelly. I eat a pb&j sandwich every day! And actually, it’s better here! The jelly I use is a blend of strawberry and blackberry, and it’s delicious! And the best part? I can buy bread with the crust already taken off!! As those of you who know me know, I still take the crust off my bread when I eat a sandwich, so it’s been so wonderful to buy crustless bread!!! Yay! And, thanks to my mother insisting that she throw several packs of Kool-aid into my suitcase, I can drink grape Kool-aid with my sandwich! (Of course, I have to buy the water to make the Kool-aid with, but it’s totally worth it!) :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment