Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My New School


So, it’s not exactly paradise, but it’ll certainly be an adventure! The high school classrooms do not have air conditioning. They just have ceiling fans. It’s not too bad right now because it’s winter, so it only gets to about 80 and there’s always a nice breeze. We’ll see what happens during the summer months! Also, there are iguanas everywhere! I’ve been told they often just walk right into classrooms. They fall out of the trees a lot, too, so you have to be careful! Ha! And everything is very unorganized. It’s tough going from the wonderful Collins Hill to something so different, but hopefully I’ll adjust soon. The upside is that I came about the time of their final exams for the first bimester. So, I substituted one week, and then I’m getting paid for 2 weeks to just sit around (which is why I was finally able to work on my blog!). Then I have a week vacation, and then finally I’ll start teaching. It’s nice to kind of ease into all of this though, so I’ll be in a better place when I start teaching. And they’ve already signed me up for an IB conference in Quito in September. Getting those professional development hours might be easier than I thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment