Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My Knight in Shining Armor


Wilson has been wonderful with helping me adjust here. It’s actually been pretty tough for both of us, but he has to stay strong since I tend to fall apart easily. He’s so patient with me, and he listens to me cry and vent when I get upset. He takes me for TGIFridays or cheese pizza when I just can’t take plain rice anymore. He talks to the people at my school to make sure they’ll get a bus for me like they originally said they would (because of course when I got here they said they couldn’t). He laughs with me about how crazy some things are here in this country (especially the whole driving situation!!!! Wilson had to pay off a policeman who wanted to give him a ticket for talking on his cell phone while driving, but no one in this country puts their child in a carseat or a seatbelt!!!! Wilson’s niece and nephew laughed at me for wearing mine!) And overall, Wilson has just bent over backwards to make me happy. Everything is much different than he’d expected as well, and we’ve really just had to stick together and work as a team. I think this whole experience will be quite trying for our relationship, but I think we’ve both seen how much love we have for one another as well. We’re both working equally hard to make each other’s life happier/better, and I think we’ll be a much stronger couple for it.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you are already down there. I couldn't remember when you told me yall were moving. Love the story of the "walls". I was laughing soooo hard! Glad I have this now to check up on yall. Have fun and enjoy this amazing experience. Love ya lady!

    ReplyDelete