Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hogar Dulce Hogar

So, our new home is beautiful! Of course, I don’t know that you can appreciate it unless you saw how most people here live. Some of the first apartments we were shown were so sketchy!!!! (And I won’t go into the details, but one other home fell through at the last minute when Wilson was actually on the way to give our deposit money. I didn’t take that too well, but I guess things work out as they should.) But, although this one is a bit more expensive, it’s totally worth it! It’s in a gated community, so it’s perfectly safe for me to walk around by myself. And there’s even a little park at the back that overlooks the river. So beautiful! It’s 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a living room, and kitchen. And there’s a nice patio outside as well. It was completely unfurnished (which here means no fridge, no stove, no nothing), but for a little more, the landlady added a lot. She gave us all the kitchen stuff, a sofa, a new tv and stand, a coffee table, a kitchen table with chairs, a bed, 2 nightstands, curtains, pictures for the wall, and several kitchen supplies. She even brought us some of her own sheets to borrow until we could get our own. She took me on a tour of her home so I could see her style of decorating to make sure I would like what she did. Of course, I’m just so happy to have a clean, safe home, that I could care less about the style. Wilson and I both prayed a lot over finding a home, and we have just trusted that He has a purpose for us being here. And now for a car…

No comments:

Post a Comment