Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Picky Eaters Finish Last


Okay, so we all knew food would be a problem for me here. Luckily (knock on wood), I haven’t gotten sick like last time. However, I have lost a little weight already simply because I eat less. It all kind of grosses me out to be honest. Even the chicken here is just kind of gross. But, I bought my peanut butter and jelly and my Snack Pack butterscotch pudding, and I at least have something to eat for lunch each day. Wilson tried to take me for Mexican the other night, but the Mexican food here is HORRIBLE!!! And there’s no cheese dip anywhere! So, for all the Americans who assume all Latinos are Mexicans, I have proof that they’re wrong! Ecuadorians make the worst Mexican food ever! So, whenever I’m feeling a bit frustrated with the food, Wilson takes me to TGIFridays! It costs the same as in the States, and that’s pretty expensive here. A normal Ecuadorian meal only costs about $2—drink included. But it’s totally worth it on those days when I’ve just had enough! My landlady and her mother joked with me that maybe I’d get hungry enough that I’d start trying new things. They think I’d love ceviche and seafood and patacones con queso. Clearly, they do not know me well!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Allison!! I actually have a blog too, let me know if you would like the link. I had no idea you were moving! I love the picture of ya'll with Dixie Crossroads in the background!! Been there too :) Good Luck with everything, I will keep up with you here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a tan in this picture???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't finish my comment...you are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete