Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Karma






We went to the beach my first weekend here with Wilson’s brother David and his family. We actually went to several different beaches along the coast, and they were all absolutely gorgeous! While in Manta, Wilson kept telling me that we were going to a beach called Puerta Lopa because of the cool “walls” there. I was so confused because he kept telling me how everyone liked to go watch the “walls.” Finally after much explanation, I realized he meant “whales”! Ha! So I had a great laugh at his English mistake. However, it came back to haunt me. The word for whales in Spanish is ballenas. Most Spanish speakers pronounce the double l as a j sound. So, when I was on the phone with Wilson’s brother Edward, I told him that we were on our way to see the “bajinas” which sounds just like vaginas!!!! Everyone got a big kick out of that one! So, Wilson went to see the “walls” and I went to see the “vaginas.” Oh my!
They were really cool though! We took a boat ride, and we saw about 10 of them. They travel in pairs, so we saw about 5 different sets. And of course, I got sick on the boat and started puking. But, all the same, it was a great time. We also went down to Montanitas which is a cool surf town. Wilson has decided he can spend one month there and become a professional surfer. Ha!

1 comment:

  1. Don't care what either of you say. This was a classic story.

    ReplyDelete